SILK ROAD COLLECTION’s
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICIES
We as owners of Silk Road Collection, and our staff are committed to:
Creating a welcoming and inviting experience for you during your visit to our New Orleans store and our e-commerce website,
Selecting furniture for our collection that is authentic, beautiful, and offers value,
Obtaining accurate and honest information about our furniture’s craftsmanship and provenance,
Assisting you in selecting furniture and accessories that meet your functional needs and aesthetic desires.
PURCHASING YOUR TREASURE:
You can obtain more information or purchase your item(s) by visiting our Magazine Street store, calling us at 504-894-8540, emailing us at Info@SilkRoadCollection.com or by shopping on–line.
1. To shop on-line, select your item from our e-commerce shop and click on ADD TO CART.
2. Click on KEEP SHOPPING or click on CHECKOUT.
PACKAGING, SHIPPING and INSURANCE:
The e-commerce purchase process will calculate the packaging, shipping and insurance costs from our New Orleans store address to your address within the continental USA.
It is our experience that delivery to your location usually takes approximately 1 to 2 weeks. This is dependant on the shipping companies' schedules and your location.
If you live within the New Orleans metro area, you can pick up your item(s) directly from our store on Magazine Street or take advantage of our free local furniture delivery service.
1. Complete the shipping address form.
2. Select UPS Ground, Pickup at Store or Free New Orleans Furniture Delivery.
3. Click CONTINUE.
1. Select the type of payment convenient for you and complete the payment information form. We accept the following forms of payment for e-commerce transactions:
· Discover Card
· American Express
· Certified/Cashier’s Check
· Bank to Bank Wire Transfer
· Personal Check (Upon clearing our bank, shipment can be made.)
We are not required to charge sales tax on orders shipped to locations outside of Louisiana. We will charge sales tax on orders shipped within Louisiana; City of New Orleans (5%) plus Louisiana State (4%).
2. Click CONTINUE.
1. Review your shipping and payment information.
2. Confirm you order.
At this point our website sends us an email notice of your request. Your payment will NOT be processed at this point. We will contact you to verify your order and discuss your shipping options. Only after our discussion and your approval will your payment be processed and shipping arranged.
Since your item(s) are insured during the shipping process, the shipper assumes responsibility for any damage caused during shipping.
If your item is damaged during delivery, please call us as soon as possible so that we can assist.
Please inspect the entire contents of your shipment at the time of delivery. Be sure to check for concealed damage or missing items. If you are not satisfied with the condition or quality of the shipment, make note of it on the bill of lading before the driver leaves, or refuse the shipment.
Please keep the original box and packaging at the delivery site in order for the shipper to participate in claim payment.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, Silk Road Collection will accept return of the item(s) under the following conditions:
· Purchaser must make request for return of item(s) within 10 days of receiving the item(s).
· The purchaser and Silk Road Collection must mutually agree to the return.
· The purchaser will initiate and be responsible for all return packaging and shipping arrangements and charges including insurance.
· The condition of the item(s) are the responsibility of the purchaser until the return delivery process is complete.
· Once the returned item(s) is inspected and found to be in the condition as sent to the customer, Silk Road Collection will extend a full credit for the price of the item(s), excluding original packaging, shipping, insurance and handling charges.
We at Silk Road Collection respect your privacy as seriously as you do. To help ensure your privacy, we use the most up-to-date encryption technology to keep your personal information secure. This includes your billing, credit card, and account information. None of this can be read as it travels to our system.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at Info@SilkRoadCollection.com
At Silk Road Collection your order process is secured with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. SSL provides you with the freedom to shop online without the fear of your credit card information being stolen.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise share your personal information, such as name, email address, physical address, phone numbers, buying history, etc., without your permission.
We do, on occasion, send email announcements to inform our customers when we add a major new feature to our website. Every email newsletter comes with a link to unsubscribe.
Our site may contain links to the websites of other companies. We do this when we feel they are offering valuable services that compliment our products.
Chinese antique furniture; as well as other antique wood furniture, has been made from wood that has not been kiln dried. Therefore when moved from one climate to another, as a natural material, will expand or contract as it adjusts to its new climate.